What is Cloud Backup?
Cloud backup, also known as online backup, is a strategy for backing up data that involves sending a copy of your critical data over the Internet to an off-site server. Cloud Backup has many benefits over onsite backup as it will protect your critical data in the event of fire or theft.
Becs IT runs our cloud backup application on your Server, Computer, or Mac on a scheduled time or when any changes are detected and keeps your data save. If you as the customer has contracted for daily backups, for instance, then the application collects, compresses, encrypts and transfers data to the Becs IT servers every 24 hours. To reduce the amount of bandwidth consumed and the time it takes to transfer files, the BECS IT cloud backup service only provides incremental backups after the initial full backup.
Cloud backup has gained popularity with small offices and home users because of its convenience. Capital expenditures for additional hardware is not required and backups can be run dark, which means they can be run automatically without manual intervention.
Why Cloud Backup?
Your business data is growing
Digital data is rapidly growing at a rate of 80% each year, and businesses like yours are responsible for maintaining 85% of that information.
Data loss happens
Hard drive crashes, spilled drinks, and accidental file deletion can occur at any time and put your company’s future in jeopardy. In fact, 93% of all companies that suffer significant data loss close down within 5 years!
You need to do more with less
Traditional backup solutions can be expensive and take weeks to implement, leaving your business vulnerable to revenue and productivity loss.
Secure access anywhere
files are available to users via the mobile app or web portal.
Securely access your backed up files anywhere
The Cloud Backup mobile app is a product feature included that delivers access to your backed up files from any iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) or Android device. Once the app is installed on the device, users can search, view, download, and send any file that is backed up on their Cloud Backup account
- Download and use your backed up files
- See all your company’s backed up computers from a single application
- Find files by search, or browse your computer’s file system hierarchy directly on your device
- View any file that is natively supported by your device
- Email a file as an attachment using any email account accessible on your device
- Access platform-specific features
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch): Open a file in another application that handles that type of file with “Open In” For example: Open a .pdf file in Evernote or CloudReaders
- Android: Send a downloaded file to other applications via “Share” For example: Select “Share” on a downloaded .pdf, and you can send it to your email program, which attaches the file to a new message, or to an app like Evernote, where it becomes part of a new note
Cloud Backup Price Matrix
|Storage Limit |
(Per Device Per Month)
|Monthly Cost |
|Cost Over |
12 Months Per User
|Setup Charge if Needed||Backup additional Network Drives|
|2GB (PC, Mac)||$11||$132||$189||No|
|5GB (PC, Mac)||$13||$156||$189||No|
|10GB (PC, Mac)||$20||$240||$189||No|
|25GB (PC, Mac)||$50||$600||$0||No|
|50GB (PC, Mac)||$80||$960||$0||No|
|100GB (PC, Mac)||$100||$1200||$0||No|
Access Your Data
Need to recover your lost or deleted data? You can retrieve your backed up data from here: